Friday 30 September 2011

Micro MTTs

I have managed to finally get some time at the tables and have been doing ok... nothing great just ok.

MTTs are taking up a lot of my time with the $2 ($8k) being a huge tourney taking up far too many hours for little reward so far.


I have been trying to take my patience to a level that is required to play well for an extended period. Mistakes I have tried to eliminate are as follows:
  • Hero calls on gut instinct
  • Playing lower ranked starting hands (AQo, ATo, KQ etc) OOP
  • Shoving when a raise fold would be the best action (TT AI pre flop meeting higher pairs or AK was killing me)
  • Inflating pots with large raises leading to an all in confrontation which is often worse than a coin flip.
I have spend a lot of time reading and playing with some good results, not a big one yet, but cashing in 4000+ fields and regular cashes in the $1 45 mans has given me the confidence to push on this winter.




No comments:

Post a Comment